The legacy of giving back to society was inherited from our founder, the late Mr. Abasaheb Garware. A visionary philanthropist, he was awarded India’s third-highest civilian honour Padmabhushan for his contribution to Indian industry and society. He extended generous support to a number of educational institutes, hospitals, charities and trusts.
Following in his footsteps, our former chairman, the late Mr. Ramesh Garware too imbibed this admirable trait. His philanthropic traits and passion for giving back to the society reflected in his active and enthusiastic involvement in various social initiatives.
Mr. Vayu Garware, current Chairman & Managing Director, has continued this tradition and extends unstinted support for various social causes and pursues newer avenues to broaden the sphere of activities.
Realising the need for quality and equitable education for better development and creation of a balanced society, Garware has set up schools and aided in improving the educational infrastructure in rural areas.
For advancing our customers children’s education:
- Infrastructure development at schools attended by our fishermen’s children
- Merit scholarships for higher studies
- Free student counselling
“Happy School” initiative wherein in rural areas, various facilities are provided as below:
- Water purification systems
- Hand wash units
- Science and computer laboratory equipment
- Library and faculty rooms
- Segregated sanitation facilities for boys and girls
- Cycles for girl children
A healthy community is fundamental to social and economic development. Garware’s focus is on enabling access to basic healthcare and augmenting facilities at hospitals.
- Free health check-up and medicines
- Eye check-up camps and free donation of spectacles
- Donation and installation of Dialysis machines
- Set up of Cardiac Care Units (CCU)