Gabion Gravity Retaining Walls
- Steel wire Gabions are factory manufactured / fabricated flexible wire mesh baskets.
- Factory fabricated boxes, with diaphragms at 1m c/c.
- Supplied at site in collapsible form
- Filled with stones to form variety of monolithic structures
- Gabion boxes -1 m height, Gabion mattresses – 0.17 m to 0.6 m thick.
Double twisted hexagonal mesh:
- Double Twist– Continuous pairs of wire mechanically twisted (three one half turns)
- Double Twist Mesh– Thicker dia. wire at the edges called “Selvedge / Edge Wire”
Properties of the wire:
- Soft annealed, low carbon content mild steel provided with heavy coating of Zinc as per EN 10244-2 / ASTM A 641
- In aggressive environments, 0.5 mm thick PVC Coating is also provided.
- PVC coating is UV stabilised and complies with ASTM A 975.
Gabions for Retaining walls / Mass gravity walls / Landslide mitigation projects:
- Gabion retaining walls are mass gravity retaining structures, constructed with boulder filled Gabion boxes to retain the soil mass laterally.
- Using a lacing technique, Gabions are tied to adjacent Gabions to form a monolithic structure throughout the wall
- Cost effectiveness